In a market flooded with many web hosting services, the A2 hosting platform stands out for various reasons. Offering diverse hosting services including virtual private server hosting, shared hosting, dedicated hosting, as well as reseller hosting. Founded way back in 2002, this hosting service is known for being highly developer-friendly on account of the agility and adaptability it offers which becomes critical when building a website. The A2 hosting platform is also known for speed, high-performance, as well as reliability, which are other features that developers find vital for building a website tailored to custom requirements.
With a plethora of features, advantages, and disadvantages, the A2 Hosting company has been in the limelight for good, and in this review, we will inspect various aspects of the platform.
Assessing these advantages, drawbacks, and unique aspects of A2 should help individuals determine whether it is useful for them. In general, the A2 Hosting platform is ideal for bloggers, startups, e-commerce vendors, and even larger businesses.
Advantages of A2 Hosting
There are several advantages to A2’s credit, some of the more noteworthy of which include the following:
- 99/9% Uptime: The shining star in A2’s features is its 99.9% uptime guarantee. FOr developers that require a high performance and uptime, this is a critical feature to pay attention to. In rough terms, this 99.9% uptime guarantee translates into a mere 45 minute downtime per month. The surety for this feature is so high that the platform does sometimes offer compensation if the downtime is over the 0.1% threshold. In the rare event that you face over 21 hours of downtime in a month, you can even get a month of free hosting services.
- Free SSL Certificate: For an enhanced end-user experience, providing a secure interaction is critical. This is where an SSL certificate comes into play. A2 hosting platform offers free SSL certificates which help in encrypting the data which is shared between the websites and users, thereby improving overall security and user peace of mind. This also helps consumers be more sure of the website and choose it for future usage.
- Free Migration Services for Websites: For website owners as well as developers that wish to migrate an existing website, A2 offers free website migration options, which helps streamline and simplify the process. This process also helps the users transfer the website without any or any considerable downtime, which would be a significant issue with other hosting platforms.
- Multiple Hosting Plans: A2 Hosting is known for offering multiple hosting plans which creates a developer friendly setting, allowing them to choose a plan which optimally aligns with their website development goals. Developers and website owners can effectively select which plan suits their needs the best and can be efficiently tailored to create a website that is truly reflective of the brand.
- Fantastic Customer Support: The biggest plus point of A2 is that it offers robust 24/7 technical and additional customer support services. As such, if customers face any kind of trouble with the hosting platform, they can easily seek redressal for the same immediately via phone call or live chat.
- Money-Back Guarantee: Yet another key advantage offered by A2 is their very attractive 30 day money back guarantee. However, the 30-day limit is not the only attractive part. Users can, even after the end of the 30-day period, choose to cancel their usage, and get a refund on a pro-rata basis. This means that if you choose to cancel on the 35th day, you only have to pay for the extra five days instead of the whole next month.
Drawbacks of A2 Hosting
While A2 has a bundle of advantages, like any other platform, it also has a few notable drawbacks which potential users ought to know in order to make informed decisions. The key drawbacks include the following:
- Costly Pricing Structure: When compared with other similar platforms, A2 Hosting is known to be expensive throughout its pricing tiers. Some users have also noted that it is much more expensive for shorter-term contracts. As such, companies on a tight budget might find it unsustainable for their finances. A minimum of a 3-year contract brings the price down slightly, however, relative to other platforms, it still remains more expensive.
- Unavailability of Free Domain Names: A lot of other hosting platforms offer free domain names, which acts as a significant plus for new businesses or individual people building websites. However, this is not available with A2 hosting, making it again, a more expensive choice for smaller businesses or individuals on a tight budget.
- Quite Complex: Beginners who do not have prior experience with hosting platforms will find A2 to be quite complex and difficult to understand. There are several technically advanced features and functionalities which necessitate having some technical knowledge to effectively configure the various features offered by the platform.
- Unattractive Designs: Many people also find that the platform lacks eye-catching website designs. Although there can be some features which make the website more intricate and technically superior, a lack of aesthetic appeal can really bring down the overall impression.
- Limited Features with Basic Plans: The basic plans offered by A2 have very limited and basic features which might not be useful for a lot of users. Those that wish to try the platform before committing to a bigger plan might find it off-putting as some of the relatively essential features are also not available in the basic plan. To avail such features, the users would necessarily have to upgrade to higher tier plans.
- Response Time: Although customer service is available 24/7 the response time for the same can be quite long. Especially if you need help during peak hours, the response time can be very long, which may significantly affect user websites and even business.
There are many pros and cons to A2, but that stands true for every platform you may come across.
Whether this platform suits your needs or not would depend upon your unique requirements and expectations. As such, assessing the same in line with your specific needs is essential.